HOW TO HELP
VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME
While delivering meals is our biggest volunteer need, there are other volunteer opportunities available to you. Regardless of the amount of time you have available during the work week in which to volunteer, we can definitely find an area in which you can help! If you are interested in helping out in any of the areas below or have another way in which you might be able to help, please click here to download the volunteer application and bring or mail it to our office at:
Smoky Mountain Meals On Wheels
3509 Tuckaleechee Pike
Maryville, TN 37803
We Need Your Help!!
- Delivery Drivers
- Arrive in your car Mondays through Fridays between 9:30 and 10:00AM to pick up and deliver hot meals to our clients. It takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to drive a delivery route with an average of 15 stops. You can schedule to deliver once a week, once a month, whatever best fits your schedule.
- Substitute Delivery Drivers
- Drive a delivery route if a regular driver of a route is not able to do it.
- Food Prep/Packing
- Help prepare the food Monday thru Friday from 10AM to 1PM
- Help pack the meals Monday thru Friday from 8:30 to 10AM
- Telephone Reassurance Calls to Clients
- From our office, call clients just to make sure they are doing well and to chat with them a bit
- Being a host/hostess at one of our congregate meal sites
- Greet people as they arrive, hand out their meals, do head counts and clean-up after lunch. Takes approximately 2 hours.
- Working on fundraising for Smoky Mountain Meals on Wheels
- Help us bring in much needed dollars to support our efforts
If you have any questions about volunteering, call our office at 983-8411, ext. 26